FAQs: Ford Fiesta Mk7 Power Upgrades
FAQs relating to our performance exhaust manifolds for the Ford Fiesta Mk7.
1. Do you have complete performance packages for the Ford Fiesta Mk7 1.6i?
We have the SWR 4-2-1 exhaust manifold for the Mk7 which really works well. It gives big torque and power gains from under 2000 rpm all the way to the limiter. Customers say their fuel economy is better. Power is up to 96 kW and torque up an extra 11 Nm. We are looking into developing Stage 2 kits with performance cams and a pre-mapped unichip for both the 1.4 and 1.6 Mk7 Fiestas.
2. Is that the only thing you would suggest me doing or is there any other suggestion for me to look at like the air filter system?
The induction system is very good. You could just fit an aftermarket cone filter like Simota or K&N, but it doesn't make a big difference. The best is to leave the rest of the exhaust system the original diameter. You can just change the back silencer box and fit a nice free flow round silencer. 180mm diameter by 500mm long works well. You lose power and torque in the mid to low rev range if you go bigger on the system pipe diameter.
3. With the rest of the pipe would a straight through freeflow work as I believe there are problems with the sensors on this vehicle? I have also been told there are no other mods easily available for this vehicle (excluding UK Mountune) including air intakes, cams, etc?
Yes it works well with your standard system. Don't change the diameter of the rest of the system. You can just change the back box to a nice free flow one. A 180mm diameter by 500mm long round silencer works well. Our branch comes with all the sensor adaptors and a quality spring loaded knuckle (flex) included. It is very easy to fit. The Mk7 has very good cams already so one can't really improve much on them. It is a really good engine and makes good power.
4. I spoke to several exhaust places and they don’t really want to do the Fiesta and claim the engine lights will be on constantly, even after telling them it has place for all the sensors.
We find that on the Mk7 Fiestas they are not so sensitive to fitting a branch and normally the engine light doesn't come on. But if it does, you can just fit a mini cat (cat fooler) that screws into the cat sensor adaptor, and it removes the light.
5. I'm looking to do some modifications to my Ford Fiesta 1.6 2010 (Mk7) what can I get? What will the increase in power be with a complete performance kit fitted?
We have an excellent SWR 4-2-1 performance exhaust manifold for your Mk7 Fiesta which really gives good gains in power and torque. Power increases from 88 kW to around 96 kW and torque increases by 11 Nm from under 2000rpm all the way to the limiter. You will be very impressed by the performance.
6. I just want to confirm whether the 4-2-1 Performance Exhaust Manifold will fit on the SEDAN model of the 1.6 Ford Fiesta Mk7 16V.
Yes it will. It's exactly the same floor plan everything just with a boot.
7. Ek het 'n Ford Fiesta 1.4 2015. Wil hom nog ligter op petrol maak. Wat kan julle vir my doen?
Ons het die SWR 4-2-1 performance exhaust manifold vir jou Fiesta 1.4 Mk7 wat baie meer krag en torque sal gee. Die torque en krag is baie beter van onder 2000 rpm tot die limieter. As 'n mens normaalwerk ry gaan jou kar beter wees op brandstof. Klante het berig dat hulle 5,7 liter per 100km teen 120km/u kry.
8. Interested in the performance manifold for my Ford Fiesta 1.4 97 bhp mk7. Was wondering how much bhp and increase this would give? And also how easily would a garage install this? Does it fit easily with custom cat back exhaust?
The SWR performance manifold will give you around 6-7 kW more power and around 10 Nm more torque from under 2000rpm all the way to the limiter. You can have it fitted at any decent exhaust shop near you. It is a 2-piece manifold which makes fitting much easier. It also includes a quality spring loaded knuckle (flex) and only needs one weld to fit onto your existing exhaust system. Yes it will fit with a custom cat back exhaust.
9. I would just like to know if there are any meaningful upgrades available for the Ford Fiesta Mk7.5 1.4?
Our SWR 4-2-1 performance exhaust manifold is a real winner. It really transforms the 1.4 Mk7.5. It improves torque from under 2000rpm all the way to the limiter by more than 10 Nm. Power increases by around 7 Kw (10hp). We are looking at developing Stage 2 kits for the Mk7 1.4 and 1.6 Fiestas with performance cams and a remapped Unichip.
10. Does the 1.4 Ford Fiesta Mk7 4-2-1 Performance Exhaust Manifold require manual PCM recalibration?
The standard PCM adapts perfectly. You do not need to recalibrate.